We invite applications for the post of EYFS/KS1 Teacher for September 2017School Background
St. Ignatius Catholic School is committed to nurturing the spiritual, academic, social and personal development of every student in a supportive Catholic atmosphere, which welcomes and embraces students of all denominations.
Having established an excellent reputation in the community, the school aims to further enhance its provision over the coming years through high standards in all subject areas. The teacher of EYFS/KS1 will be an enthusiastic and highly motivated professional who will be expected to play a key part in the development of primary education. The successful candidate must demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
* He/She must exemplify excellent EYFS practice and promote learning through play.
* He/She has a secure knowledge and understanding of good practice in teaching, learning and the effective use of assessment to improve learning in order to meet the needs of all students.
* He/She demonstrates excellent practice in the classroom.
* He/She has excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
* He/She is a confident and skilled user of ICT for teaching, learning, and assessment the classroom.
* Be creative, innovative and passionate about student's learning and will be expected to get involved in a wide range of school related activities.
* He/She is supportive of the Catholic Ethos of the school and an excellent role model both in school and in the wider community.
* He/She has proven, successful experience in the following areas:
o Delivering the UK National Curriculum in Numeracy, Literacy and Science at EYFS and KS1.
The ability to deliver high quality and engaging phonics lessons, as well as, knowledge and experience of 'Numicon' would be an advantage.Requirements
All applicants must have either a subject degree or a Bachelor of Education and PGCE, with recent, relevant experience of at least 3 to 5 years. He/she will be a good team player and will contribute positively to the overall life of the school. As a Catholic school, we strongly encourage committed Catholics to apply; however, we also welcome applications from non-Catholics. We expect all applicants to fully support the religious ethos of the school.Job Benefits
Salary range CI$41,714 - CI$50,366 per annum. Benefits include medical insurance, contribution to a pension plan and a relocation allowance and end of final contract repatriation allowance. The school also offers one free school place for the child of an employee. Contracts are for two years initially and may be extended annually by mutual agreement.