Situated in Parnell adjacent to Auckland’s largest park, the Auckland Domain, ACG Parnell College is the only independent co-educational Year 1 to 13 school in the central isthmus area.
ACG Parnell College is part of the Academic Colleges Group (ACG), New Zealand’s largest private educational provider of school education, university foundation studies and tertiary training programmes.
ACG Parnell College is a top-ranked school offering an international curriculum and high interest academic programmes with a clear and distinct emphasis on scholarship and personal excellence. The College aspires to be an exceptional learning community and looks to nurturing significant positive student attitudes of commitment to learning and a willingness to go the extra mile. These twin attributes of learning and positive attitudes are complemented by a set of agreed values which ACG believes will produce educated, willing, world-class citizens.
ACG Parnell College offers the Cambridge International Examination (CIE) at senior levels. Classes run on average for 70 minutes, allowing for more sustained learning in each subject and ICT and Thinking Skills are integrated into all classroom programmes.
ACG is now seeking to appoint a new Principal to lead ACG Parnell College. The ideal candidate will have the following attributes and characteristics:
- A passionate educationalist with demonstrated excellence in secondary teaching and a record of achievement as an innovative educational leader.
- Proven experience as a senior leader in a highly regarded school of some scale and complexity (800-1,200 students) or a related educational setting having held some accountability at different functional levels including academics, finance and other business functions.
- Empathy for primary education.
- A demonstrated track record of strategic innovation and implementation.
- Proven commercial and business acumen.
- Experience in Cambridge International Examinations would be advantageous.
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered.
Applications for this role close on Friday, 2 December 2016.
Enquiries can be made to Barbara Taylor at xxxxxxx All applications will be acknowledged by email. All responses to Caldwell Partners are confidential.
Phone: + xxxxxxx xxxxxxx| Postal: PO Box 417, Shortland Street, Auckland 1141, xxxxxxx
ACG Parnell College
Full Time from January 16th, 2017
The Principal has the responsibility of turning the ACG vision and philosophy into tangible managerial objectives through people leadership and sound operational disciplines.
This will involve:
- Directing, developing and expanding all activities related to the effective operation of the ACG School.
- Working within budget and achieving annual financial goals
- Setting and achieving superior standards in terms of academic outcomes, staff management and student services
- Co-operating with other ACG Principals/Heads to achieve Group goals and efficiencies.
The key focus will be the consistent delivery of excellence in student learning opportunities, welfare provision and budget adherence.
Specifically the Principal will:Promote the quality of teaching and learning within the Schoola) Curriculum
- Ensure the provision of high quality learning programmes for students
- Establish academic objectives and targets consistent with clear academic outcomes
- Oversee curriculum development
- Supervise the academic programme
- Ensure accreditations are developed and current
c) Reporting to students and parents
- Ensure an assessment programme is in place to monitor student performance
- Develop the use of appropriate benchmarks and recognised outcomes assessment tools; assessment schedules and portfolio requirements
- Develop appropriate reporting to parents electronically and as traditional school reports
Take responsibility for student welfare and discipline in the school
- Manage and improve the performance of the academic and administrative staff
- Promote group teaching, individual learning programmes, creativity and ICT
- Oversee the appraisal system
- Teach, if required
- Stay informed and up-to-date with professional and educational issues
Manage staff according to Human Resources policies
- Set a positive tone for guidance and welfare
- Maintain appropriate standards of behaviour
- Implement the pastoral care system
- Support teachers and deans in their discipline and attendance
- Oversee pastoral care meetings
- Maintain uniform standards
Maintain School discipline records electronically
- Promote extra-curricular activities and clubs / after school programmes
- Ensure appropriate co-curricular programmes are in place
Provide effective operational managementa) Systems
- Promote a congenial and stimulating work environment where employees feel valued and motivated, in keeping with the goal of attracting and retaining top talent
- Ensure the cost of staffing and recruitment remains within budget
- Ensure the allocation of classes, specialist teaching etc. and staff scheduling and management time are within budget
- Orientation/advice and guidance programmes for new staff
- Manage staff leave, attendance, conduct, professionalism and the rewarding of achievements, appraisal and professional development
- Promote a safe and healthy work environment, being vigilant in identifying and managing any hazards
- Ensure the construction of, and adherence to, documented systems and procedures of best practice operation e.g. the recording of systems and site specific procedures in electronic handbooks/manuals etc.
- Conduct regular reviews of progress against the budget/targets addressing any unanticipated slippage and identifying contingency actions for each anticipated risk to delivery
- Manage the budget effectively, reviewing progress and addressing any shortfalls
- Ensure emergency procedures are documented and promulgated
- Maintain close ties with all elements of the broader school community
- Represent and promote ACG generally in a way that enhances the reputation of the Group
- Be involved in, and implement a marketing plan for the School
- Ensure the website content is current
- Take a leading role in the enrolment of new students
- Meet parents as required
- Plan and coordinate student graduations and/or similar events
- Take an active role in public relations – promoting the school through the production of new and revised school publications and marketing strategies including: Board reports, Curriculum documents, Plans, Curriculum Resource Plans, Co-curricular Plans, Yearbook, Parent Handbooks, Bulletins, School Event Publications and the ACG Website
d) Health & Safety
- Regular progress reporting to the CEO or nominee
- Support health & safety programmes for students and staff
- Provide on-going communication with parents, staff and students
- Run school assemblies/graduations from time to time
- Produce regular school newsletters
In addition to the above, the Principal may be requested to perform any other reasonable additional duties and responsibilities.
This Schedule is subject to annual review.