We invite applications for the post of Teacher of Physical Education for September 2017School Background
St. Ignatius Catholic School is committed to nurturing the spiritual, academic, social and personal development of every student in a supportive Catholic atmosphere, which welcomes and embraces students of all denominations.
Having established an excellent reputation in the community, the school aims to further enhance its provision over the coming years through the successful implementation of its development plan.
The teacher of Physical Education will be an enthusiastic and highly motivated professional who will be expected to play a key part in the development of this important area of the curriculum. The successful candidate must demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
* He/She has a secure knowledge and understanding of good practice in teaching, learning and the effective use of assessment to improve learning in order to meet the needs of all students.
* He/She must be enthusiastic and creative and able to inspire students and ensure that they receive the highest quality learning experience of physical education and sport where all are included.
* He/She must have an excellent track record for teaching success and team sports coaching across the primary. Some secondary teaching experience would be an advantage.
* Candidates with additional level 1 / 2 course would also be an advantage.
* He/She has excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
* He/She is a confident and skilled user of ICT for teaching, learning, and assessment in the classroom.
* He/She is supportive of the Catholic Ethos of the school and an excellent role model both in school and in the wider community.
* He/She has proven, successful experience in the following areas:
o Teaching the English National Curriculum Physical Education throughout the primary years including Early Years Foundation Stage, with an aim to develop the curriculum in areas of dance, gymnastics, cycling proficiency, and life guarding.
o To enhance current provision in football, netball, athletics, volleyball and swimming.
o To support the extra-curricular programmes of the school.Requirements
All applicants must have either a subject degree or a Bachelor of Education and PGCE, with recent, relevant experience of at least 3 to 5 years. He/she will be a good team player and will contribute positively to the overall life of the school. As a Catholic school, we strongly encourage committed Catholics to apply; however, we also welcome applications from non-Catholics. We expect all applicants to fully support the religious ethos of the school.Job Benefits
Salary range CI$41,714 - CI$50,366 per annum. Benefits include medical insurance, contribution to a pension plan and a relocation allowance and end of final contract repatriation allowance. The school also offers one free school place for the child of an employee. Contracts are for two years initially and may be extended annually by mutual agreement.